Added to Cart
See delivery information
Would you like to learn electronics, with an all-in-one board that has sensors and LEDs built in? Circuit Playground is here – and it’s the best way to practice programming on real hardware with no soldering or sewing required!
Circuit Playground features an ATmega32u4 processor, just like Adafruit’s popular Flora. The board’s also round and has alligator-clip pads around it so you don’t have to solder or sew to make it work. You can power it from USB, a AAA battery pack, or with a Lipoly battery (for advanced users). Just program your code into the board then take it on the go!
- ATmega32u4 Processor, running at 3.3V and 8MHz
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging with Arduino IDE
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI
Circuit Playground has built-in USB support. Built in USB means you plug it in to program it and it just shows up. All you really need is a Micro-B data/sync USB cable – not included! With the new 1.6.4+ Arduino IDE, it takes only a few seconds to add support. The Circuit Playground has USB HID support, so it can act like a mouse or keyboard and attach directly to computers.
Here’s some of the great goodies baked in:
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor)
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker (magnetic buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, left and right
- 1 x Slide switch
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
Includes I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
- All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
- Green “ON” LED so you know its powered
- Red “#13” LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
We’ve started out with a Developer Edition of Circuit Playground. This version is designed for people who have a little experience with Arduino already, who want to help build & document projects. There might be minor hardware or software bugs. Once they feel like the design is really solid they’ll revise/re-release it into a universal edition for anyone to use!
This Product is offered and supplied by Zazz pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Action Cases & Photo AccessoriesGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Action Toys & FigurinesGadgets, Toys & Video Games - ArduinoGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Arts & CraftGadgets, Toys & Video Games - BatteriesGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Batteries & PowerGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Board Games & PuzzlesGadgets, Toys & Video Games - BreathalysersGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Building Toys & BlocksGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Cables & AdaptersGadgets, Toys & Video Games - ComponentsGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Development ToolsGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Dolls & Soft ToysGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Drone AccessoriesGadgets, Toys & Video Games - Drones & Remote Control ToysEducational & LearningEducation and EducatorsGadgets & Novelties Gaming Console AccessoriesGaming ConsolesHardwareKid's MusicLegoPlaysetsRaspberry PiRemote Control ToysRoboticsScooters, Bikes & Ride OnsSensorsSkateboardsSports & OutdoorsSpy GearVideo GamesWireless